Monday, July 02, 2007

Spring Plain and Fancy socks

I finished another pair of Plain and Fancy socks yesterday. This is my third pair of socks from this yarn (first two pairs here and here.) I also made a pair of mittens with some leftovers. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this yarn. It is not commercially available. Grace sells this lovely wool at a few local festivals or via email/phone orders. I score mine at Estes and Taos.

Spring Plain & Fancy socks

Specs:
Yarn: Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool, Variegated dye lot #2
Needles: KnitPicks DPNs 2.5mm
Pattern: Thuja from Knitty
60 stitches, short row heel and toe
increased to 64 stitches after heel
Cuff: 4 inches, 1 inch 2X2 ribbing
Russian bindoff

Next on the dpn's? I want to knit up some Gloss. I have several skeins of this super soft yarn, but I have not knit with it yet. I am sure it will be wonderful. There are not many color choices with this yarn, but a bare gloss has been added to their line so we can dye it ourselves! That makes for unlimited color choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home