Monday, May 28, 2007

Long Weekend

If you are in the United States, this weekend is Memorial Day weekend. Remember back when these use to be four day weekends. Anyway, the DH and I are enjoying the extra time together, getting things done like yard work, and more relaxation time as well. But we have not fogotten the intent of this holiday. So hug a vet, or the family of a vet, or an active duty military member. Freedom does not come free. That may sound trite, but many have paid the ultimate price so that we have the freedoms we enjoy in this wonderful country.

Onto the knitting, since this is a knitting blog after all.

I started another pair of socks, not a big surprise, I know. But I was surprised at how fast these are knitting up!! These are ready for the heel already. I started them Friday night, but ripped back and restarted the pattern Saturday morning at knit group. Had to modify since I am doing toe up. I am so loving this pattern! After about three repeats I had it memorized. Cables and lace on a sock, it just doesn't get any better....

Pembrokeshire Pathways

Yarn: KnitPicks Essential Petunia
Needles: Crystal Palace 2.25mm
cast on 64 stitches increased to 35 stitches on top
Pattern: Pembrokeshire Pathways here

Pembrokeshire Closeup

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

My husband and I are Vets. We both served in the US Navy. Thank you!

The sock looks lovely. I'm off to print the pattern.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

3:36 PM  
Blogger kat said...

that color is fabulous!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look fabulous!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home