Sunday, May 06, 2007

Saturday Chevrons

I noticed that both knitting projects that I worked on yesterday are chevrons! How fun is that! I made good progress on the Trekking Chevron socks and I am liking this pattern.

Trekking Chevron socks

Trekking Chevron socks

Yes, gray la gran, I always make both socks at the same time. That way there is no chance for dreaded Second Sock Syndrome, and I know I have enough yarn to finish both socks evenly. Although with my small feet, that is usually not an issue.

I doubled the size of the Chili Pepper scarf since last week, it is 12 inches long already.

Chili Pepper scarf

I worked on it on the way to Denver. Lisa, Chery, and I did a mini yarn crawl after knit group. The weather sucked for the drive - sorry Lisa. But the yarn stores were great! We went to String for some Koigu for Chery to raffle for charity (more details on her blog). Of course some Koigu followed me home too :) I have no self control, I know. We also went to The Lamb Shoppe, since we were already in the area and Lisa had never been there. Like we need to justify going to to a yarn store hehe. Then when I got home a box of yarn was waiting for me from Simply Socks. I love Fleece Artist and just had to get more!

So here are my aquisitions:

Koigu
Koigu: Left-Right:1157, 2260,P800,2395

Cherry Tree Hill
Cherry Tree Hill: One of a Kind Left:Water Right:Brights

Flee Artist
Fleece Artist: Left-Right: Jester, Autumn, Rainbow

It was a wonderful yarn filled day!
Hope you are having a great weekend too :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Senja said...

Ooohh! I am jealous of all the sock yarn. I just discovered the world of socks (for some reason I didn't knit them until now) and I love it! You inspire me to knit more.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Yarngineer said...

Such beautiful color choices. We have similar tastes. And I still love the chili pepper scarf.

8:18 AM  
Blogger SYLVIE said...

Nice yarn color for socks! I like the colors of the chili pepper scarf too

And I want to add that I really enjoy checking out your blog, you are so inspiring!

Can I ask how much time you spend knitting each day?

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home