Monday, April 23, 2007

Brain Cramp

I had a brain cramp yesterday when I was posting and forgot a couple things. Maybe I was distracted by all the pretty colors of yarn that I dyed. Anyway...

I finished the turquoise socks at knit group on Saturday.

Turquoise socks

Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill, Turquoise
Needles: Crystal Palace size 1 (2.25mm)
64 stitches
Cuff: Baby Cables from Sensational Knitted Socks

I am not sure that I like them yet. I like the pattern, the bright color. But the yarn is really tightly spun, a hard twist. I am hoping they bloom and soften in the wash. They are soaking now.

I took the zigzag scarf to the pajama jam. I got to about the six inch mark and decided that I did not like the decrease. I ripped it and started over. I changed the decrease to slip stitches knitwise. Now I like it. A lady at the jam says that it looks like chili peppers, so that is what I am namimg it.

Chili Peppers

Yarn: KnitPicks Memories Daffodil & Flower Power
both yarns are discontinued
Needles: Brittany size 6
Pattern: ZigZag Stripes from Scarf Style pg 33
Pattern mod: slip stitches knitwise


Finally, I got this in the mail today from The Loopy Ewe.

Apple Laine

Apple Laine, Apple Pie
Bubblegum(L), Painted Daisy(R)
Very Yummy!
I might have to cast on with this tonight it is that good!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shrinkie said...

i was dubious regarding the CTH until I washed it - mine bloomed nicely and is now lovely and soft (and warm!). Love the colour and pattern - beautiful job!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Yarngineer said...

I can't wait to hear how you like the apple yarns. I have not been able to buy any yet.

9:12 AM  
Blogger kat said...

love that purpley pink blu yarn

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home