Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cold Snap

Springtime in the Rockies in a transitional time. It can be lovely outside, warm with blue skies like last week. Or it can be like this:

Frozen Tree


Frozen Tulip

My poor tulip is frozen. But it is from Colorado, so it will probably survive! The plants are hardy here and have adapted well to the crazy weather! Just like us!

Instead of dying eggs this weekend, we dyed mini skeins of yarn with egg coloring. Knit Picks palette in cream and white that I had in my stash did the trick for this sample batch.

yarn dyed with egg coloring

I like how they came out. Have to stop by the grocery store today and get more egg coloring kits before they are gone for the year. Gotta stock up before they hop away.....

yarn dyed with egg coloring

Yeah, I didn't do all the colors available. I was in a pink/purple blue/green mood. The yellow and orange just wasn't appealing to me at the moment. Oh well. And what am I going to do with these little bits of colored yarn? I was thinking about a striped chevron scarf similar to this. Or another feather and fan.

On the WIP front, I have been working on the Lime and Violet feather and fan scarf and the Blueberries shawl. But I was inspired by the socks Linda was working on yesterday (a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks). So, while I was at the LYS paying a deposit for the Brown Sheep trip, some solid color sock yarn followed me home and I cast on.

sock yarn

By the way, thank you for all the nice congrats on my promotion!
I appreciate the comments.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

your picture of the frozen tulip is amazing...people would go nuts for it on flickr

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home