Sunday, March 25, 2007

Yarn Crawl

Some of us from knit group went on a yarn crawl Saturday.

Yarn Crawl Gang

We went up to Boulder and Denver.
Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperating.
But that did not dampen our spirits in the least.

Rainy day

In Boulder, we stopped at Shuttle, Spindles, and Skeins.

This handsome fellow welcomed us as the store mascot.

Dog from Shuttles, Spindles, and Skeins

We met up with Lisa, then lunch, and off to Denver.
The owner of the Lamb Shoppe was so nice!
What a fun place, we are definately planning on going back to this store in the future!

owner of Lamb Shoppe

Then we wrapped it up at String.

On the way back home, the clouds finally parted.

Storm Breaking

We stopped at Ellen's house on the way back to see her new baby cashmere goat, Trouble. Too cute, but he is a handful and living up to his name already!
EDIT: Trouble is a "she" oops!

Trouble and MamaTrouble

What a fun day!

Here's my loot from the trip.
sock yarn from Shuttles, Spindles, and SkeinsCherry Tree HillLona's Laces

I am putting myself on a yarn diet until Estes in June. I am not going to buy any new yarn with one exception; if I need some to finish a project that is on the needles already. The only one I can see that happening with is the feather and fan scarf.

I took the Blueberry Shawl on the yarn crawl. I knit so much on it recently that I ran out of the first skein. So I grabbed another skein and took it on a drive to the park today for a photo shoot. Now it is 53 1/2 inches long, more than halfway done I think.

daffodilsBlueberry shawldaffodills

This is the Xeriscape gardens on Mesa road.

Guess that's all for now!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I enjoyed mine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yarngineer said...

No, you're not a sock yarn addict. :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Holy Sheeps, MJ!!!
I didn't know you got THAT much sock yarn. Good for you.
BTW, Trouble is a she not a he; can you imagine what a PITA she'll be when she is PMS-ing? He he he.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home