Saturday, March 10, 2007

Signs of Spring

Weather

We have our first signs of spring here in Colorado Springs lately. The temps have been in the mid to upper 50's this week. Pretty nice for March in the Rockies! As a result of the nice weather, the flowers are making on appearance outside already!

The First Pansy of Spring

I love pansies! They have always been my favorite flower in the garden. As you can see, my bulbs are coming up as well. I have tulips, daffodils, and lillies scattered throughout the flower beds around our house.

Yarn Pr0n

When I ordered the Claudia Hand Painted from Simply Socks, they were out of the Walk in the Woods colorway. But lookie at what showed up this week!

Walk in the Woods

I like it! So soft and purty!

I was prepping the Fleece Artist Pinata to jump on the needles.

Pinata

I love all the colors in this one! Looks even better wound up.

Socks

The Carousel socks are progressing!

Carousel sock

Carousel sock

It is like a Jaywalker hybrid. I did a plain toe up, short row toe and heel, then added the Jaywalker pattern on the cuff. I like everything that is going on with these! The colors, the pooling, the chevrons! Keeps my interest! This pattern really showcases all the colors in this wonderful yarn!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

ohmygosh you have a BLOOM in your yard already?!? I have still tons of snow, my tulips are JUST peeking out from the ground. been talking to them not to hurry up like that and they hear me :)

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home