Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Coincidence

When I bought the Koigu over a week ago, I named one color Mardi Gras right there in the store. I did not know that Mardi Gras was so close. Today is Fat Tuesday. So I have been knitting my Mardi Gras socks during Mardi Gras! And I chose a feather and fan pattern for the cuff, just to try something different. Masks with feathers, and fans are a part of the Mardi Gras costumes. Just a series of coincidence? I was just thinking about this today.

Anyway here are some in progress pics:
(as always click on photo to enlarge)

Mardi Gras Feather and Fan

Feather and Fan closeup

Specs so far:
Yarn: Koigu P113
Needles: Crystal Palace size 1 (2.25mm)
64 stiches toe up, increase to 72 stitches for cuff
Pattern: wendyknits.net/knit/featherandfansock.pdf

I am really enjoying knitting these!
The pattern is so easy, knit three rows plain, then one pattern row. It just looks complicated.

I have an FO as well.
Here are the My Favorite Sweater socks part two.
They were my knit at work socks that I leave at my desk for lunch and break knitting. Always something mindless.
The first pair were for my DH, these are for me.


My Favorite Sweater socks

Specs:
Yarn: Magic Stripes #201 Denim Stripe
Needles: Knit Picks size 1 (2.5mm)
60 stitches toe up 2X2 ribbing 4 inches

2 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

those favorite sweater socks look cool and I wonder how well the feather and fan pattern will stay up on your legs. let us know.

11:40 AM  
Blogger kat said...

lovely socks...the mardi gras thing is quite fun!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home