Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Super Weekend

Earthy Socks

As you can see, I finished the Earthy Socks.
I really like them! The color, the fit, everything about them!

Specs:
Yarn: Crazy Monkey
Needles: KnitPicks size 1 (2.5mm)
56 stitches, toe up, plain stockinette, 1 inch 1X1 ribbing
modified Russian bind off with a size 3 needle

Earthy Socks

I tried a new bind off, a modified Russian bind off, that I saw on Wendy's blog last week.
It works really well. Easy to execute and very stretchy.
Just what I was looking for in a toe up bind off!

Fair Isle

Thank you for all the nice comments on the fair isle.
I am really enjoying this project!
Here is another update picture.

Now off to make snacks for a party for the Big Game today!
Knitty Gritty is having a Knit-In to encourage needle arts enthusiasts to knit or crochet a square for charity!.
Sounds like fun!

knit In

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

you finished socks look really nice. usually super bowl sunday is a big knitting day for me but we didn't even watch the game this year.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Maus said...

the socks are looking great, love that color too, very Christy :)
You made good progress on the fair-isle, seems with so many colors it should almost be like knitting Noro, eager to see what's next!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home