Saturday, January 20, 2007

Just Keep Ribbing

This is how my socks started out this morning.

socks

Then I ribbed for most of knit group.
Boring I know.
But worth it.
Because now I have these!

Maroon socks

Specs:
Yarn: Plain and Fancy Sheep and Wool, Maroon
Needles: KnitPicks size 1 (2.5mm)
toe up, 60 stitches
2X2 ribbing 4 inches

I absolutely LOVE this yarn. I went to Estes for the first time last year. I discovered this wonderful yarn that can only be found at a few festivals. So, when I heard that they would be at Taos, I had to go get more. Yes, I went to Taos just for this yarn! And it was worth the trip! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed other things about Taos as well. But I wanted some more Plain and Fancy Sheep and Wool yarn! A road trip was needed!

So as not to waste any of this exquisite wool, I am casting on for a pair of mittens with the 46 grams I have leftover from the socks. That should be plenty for a pair of mittens for my little hands.

Christy worked on her KPPFIC sweater at group.

Christy's Fair Isle

It is lovely! Everyone was admiring her work!

Black Forest

We spent the day in Black Forest. It snowed lightly. Just enough to remind us that we are in Colorado! I didn't mind, it was breathtakingly beautiful!

After knit group, I had to run to the book store and pick up Friday Night Knitting Club. I will probably start it tomorrow. While I was there I also acquired some more Yarn Harlot books. Can't get enough of Stephanie, she is so funny!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Finished socks! :D

You'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to post what I have finished. It's a SURPRISE.

11:06 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Oh, I love the snow picture! And I'm always impressed with socks.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home