Friday, January 12, 2007

The End of Monogamy

Red Scarf

Red Scarf #4 is finally done!
That was ALOT of gray seed stitch!
I was really good about being monogamous to these scarves, but I almost fell off the wagon on this one.

Seed and Stripes Red Scarf #4

Stats:
Yarns:Cascade Bollicine Grey and White
KnitPicks Swish Superwash Red Pepper
Needles: Size 8 Brittany
Seed Stitch with stripes
cast on 29 stitches

Seed and Stripes Closeup

I have really enjoyed making these red scarves. I just need to go get some goodies to include in the box and ship them off. Such a great cause. I will definately be making more, maybe I will start earlier or do some during the year as it moves me.

I found this button from here.
I am proud to add it to my sidebar.

Red Scarf Project

New Stuff

I got some yarn love from KnitPicks today.

KnitPicks Swish Superwash

This is Swish Superwash in Ballerina, Wisteria, and Bubblegum.
It will be a large scarf/wrap inspired by the Zigzag Stripes scarf from Scarf Style (remember Collegiate Chevrons).

But right now I feel the need to do something other than a scarf!
Something round.
And I have a couple new projects in mind.

Crazy Monkey YarnCrazy Monkey Yarn
This is Crazy Monkey Yarn from Christy and will be a mobius.

Plain and Fancy Sheep and WoolPlain and Fancy Sheep and Wool
This is Plain and Fancy Sheep and Wool, it wants to be socks.

So, I have Startitis! and I am ok with that!
I still have stuff on the needles to finish up. and I will. But I feel the need to cast on some new stuff first. Besides I have another long weekend (MLK day) and the weather here is lending itself to staying indoors again.

Snow again

This is four weekends in a row that it has snowed! I know, it is Colorado. But it makes for great knitting and a movie weather! Gotta look on the bright side I guess! Maybe I will watch some Lost before the season stars again to refresh my mind on the first six episodes of this season before they took a break. Can hardly wait for Feb 7th!

Have a great weekend!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful yarn choices for your new projects. I love them. I totally agree about Lost. I love that show. :)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this new google thing is a pain. I have signed in already, and now lost my comment.
I did say - thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I also think that your seed stich is great. Its a bit of a pain to do. I did one sleeve of a baby cardi, and must go back to it.
I love your snowy landscape, but I don't think I could cope in a cold climate

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you knit contiental or english? I knit english and I just can't imagine doing ALL that seed stitch. Good for you!

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home