Friday, December 29, 2006

Rip It, Rip It Good

I started another red scarf last night. But I do not have any pics of it to show you because I just wasn't lovin it. So I ripped it.

Scarf ripped

I will start it again. I was using this pattern. I like the pattern, but I was not happy about doing it lengthwise. I will restart and try it the other way, the regular way to knit a scarf, end to end.

While I was visiting the frog pond (rip it, rip it), I decided to stay a little longer and rip all the stuff I have on the needles that I just know that I would not finish in it's current state. Most you will recognize from this post. But I thought, why keep them around if I am not going to finish them. They can be remade into something that I am happier with.

Stampato socks

socks ripped
I started these socks before I learned better methods of knitting socks, so why finish them as they were. Didn't make sense to go back there.

Shawl

Shawl ripped

I liked this shawl, but it needed to be knit on bigger needles. I will restart it.

My So Called Scarf

Rip in Progress

Scarf ripped

Manos

I just wasn't feelin the My So Called Scarf pattern. I think this yarn needs to be a cowl or mobius.

So off to start a new red scarf or two!

BTW, it is still winter in Colorado today! I guess we have just been spoiled with the past mild winters here in the Springs. This cold, wind, and snow won't last too long, just thru the weekend, so the weatherman says...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!!! You were brave and now you have reclaimed yarn for new projects! I'm proud of you!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

Wow, you've done some workout in the frog pond today!! Very brave. Sometimes one just feels like that and then after you have all them balls in front of you, it actually feels as if you accomplished a lot :) For me it definitely has to be the JUST right day for that in order to do it :) Can't wait to see what new things you'll come up with now!
Happy snow!!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow good for you ripping out all the stuff on the needles! i'm thinking of joinging the group where you either finished or rip one thing on the needles a month.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home