Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Monogamy...almost

I have made some progress on my stocking!

MJ Stocking WIP

As you can see, I put in the afterthought heel. Which is the first heel that I used for socks for myself when I learned how to knit a sock over a year ago at knit group. So it all came back to me! Not hard at all actually. So it is looking more like a stocking rather than a tube with a toe. I think I will be ready to turn the cuff soon. I am almost being monogamous in knitting it. The stocking is the only thing I am knitting at home. I am knitting washcloths at work. I was thinking hostess gifts for the two parties I am invited to on Dec 25th. Because food gifts get gobbled up, and plants die, but washcloths last a LONG time!

Neopolitan Washcloths

Remember when I made the washcloth on the right and I said it looked like Neapolitan ice cream? Well, I was thinking that it had too much pink. Neapolitan is equal amounts of strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. So I alternated the Sugar 'n Cream Rosewood with Natural Ombre for the washcloth on the left. Now it looks more like Neapolitan!

BTW, has everyone seen this site for washcloth patterns? Lots of great patterns! Check it out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my... what have you done, giving me that link to the washcloth patterns???

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your stocking is so cute. thanks for the link, i'm going to poist it for my knitting group who are all about washcloths these days.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You. Can. Do. It!!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your stocking!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home