Friday, December 15, 2006

Peppermint and Parties

First off, I have an almost finished object to show you.
But it comes with a story.

Peppermint Ballband set

This is a ballband set of course!
Two washcloths and a handtowel.
Excuse the "as I am running out the door, late for work" pic
I will take another, better pic before I send it off.

Specs:
Yarn: Peaches & Cream Peppermint & White
Needles: size 8 Needlemaster
washcloths: cast on 45 stitches, work 11 rows of bricks
handtowel: cast on 60 stitches, work until 16"

See the washcloth in the lower left corner. I had been admiring that on the Mason-Dixon KAL site. So I made it of course. Then I wanted to see how the opposite would look, with white "bricks" on a peppermint background. I actually like it better. As I was knitting the last row of the second washcloth (literally) my mom called. Just to chat, she is doing great on her recovery from surgery and all. So I was asking her what she would like for a holiday gift. Nothing like planning ahead right? But with her being in the hospital and all, I didn't want to ask her then! So she said she wanted something knitted (of course). And her last washcloth just died. She asked if I knew how to make a washcloth. I was rolling! Literally! I almost fell off the couch! I asked what color her kitchen is now (we live in different states, and she likes to change her decor often). She said red and white gingham. I almost lost it! this is beyond coincidence! See, I am a process knitter. I was just making these washcloths just to make them, with no home intended for them yet. So, I told her that I would be happy to send her some washcloths, and how about a matching handtowel too! She was thrilled. I have about three more rows of bricks on the handtowel.

Today we have our holiday lunch/Secret Santa thing at work. Tonight I have my fellowship dinner/gift exchange. And tomorrow morning our knit group gift exchange too! Whew! But I did plan ahead (amazing) and have all the knitting done. Well, I didn't knit a gift for the knit group exchange. But I do have a nice and soft giftee to bring (could it be yarn?). But I can't tell here right now, as most of knit group also blogs and read blogs. BTW that is how I got my name - Blogless MJ. Everyone else had a blog and when they would refer to others in the group, they linked to them. But when they refered to me they put "Blogless MJ" So when I finally got a blog (the digital camera came first. what is a blog without pics!) I said to myself, well they already call me Blogless MJ.... and the rest is history! At least the history of my little blog!

Well I think I have I rambled enough for this post.

Have a great Weekend!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely set! I like the white bricks on red background better, too. What a great coincidence. (I still don't know what to bring tomorrow...)

And Blogless MJ is still perfect for you. :)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

that's a cool story about your mom and her kitchean and your dishcloths... :D

I picked up my 'trade' on Wednesday, before I went to work -- I just hope I don't have to take it back home...

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What perfect timing (must be a God thing :) )
see you in the morning!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home