Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mobius

Finished Object

I finished my first mobius! I say "my first" because this will not be my last!
This was very fun to knit - the addiction is forming! I finished it just in time - it is freezing here in Colorado today! This will keep my head warm without having to wear a hat. I have never liked wearing hats, I don't know why. But I do like the mobius - alot!

MJ wearing mobius

Yarn: Bare Wool of the Andes - approx 125grams used
Needles: Knit Picks Options size 10 47"
cast on 150 stitches
worked in seed stitch
Border: handspun from the Llama store
Finished sized: 45 inches X 11 inches


Personal

I have tried to keep this blog upbeat. But I just wanted to share a little about my week. It has been very stressful. My mother was recovering from routine surgery and had some complications. She was admitted into the ICU for a few days. All is good now, but what a scare! I am sharing this because this is like a journal for me, and I did not want to forget how fragile this life is! I really thought I was going to have to hop on a plane. Mom lives in Pennsylvania, otherwise I would have been at the hospital holding her hand myself. However, she did have some wonderful friends to take care of her for me. Thank you John, Janice, and Hazel :) Mom is doing much better now! Some PT and she will be better than new!

I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend - I need to de-stress!
Maybe cast on another mobius! Or work on some fun holiday knitting!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know, when your writing goes down into the red, I can't read it, and I don't know how many can.
You need to make the white background surround your whole post.

7:35 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I have been getting comments about the color issues. I changed the whole template. I like this better. And I hope everyone can see it better now.

let me know please :)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

jusrThis is indeed so much easier to read. Good choice to change it.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's complications. We are getting to the point in our lives where our parents are older and more fragile. It is a hard thing to accept, and it is especially hard when you live such a long time away from them.
Personally, I am going through the same thing with my mom and I have come to the realization that bad things can happen even though you live right next door to your parents. Living so far away only makes it harder to deal with, and especially for you. However, you have your own life and own responsibilities here.
It is a juggling act and a no-win situation. I hope things will get better quickly.
Take care, and I'll see you tomorrow if it doesn't snow too hard.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Maus said...

The seed stitch moebius looks wonderful! All the best to your mom for a speedy recovery!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger kat said...

good news on your mom! & the mobious looks fabulous

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just saw this, MJ. Best wishes to your mother!

And that mobius looks great! That was a fast knit.

I don't like hats either. I feel that they block part of my vision.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home