Sunday, November 19, 2006

Field Trip

Our knit group got together yesterday. Some of us went on a field trip to an Alpaca Holiday Extravaganza in Black Forest, a few blocks from the coffee shop we were meeting at. I fell in love, and his name is Rocky! He is interesting and very friendly. He had spots, like a Jacob sheep, so his fleece is multi-colored. I really liked that!

Rocky

There were vendors selling all types of alpaca items. Kir scored this beautiful roving.

Roving

We met back up at the coffee shop to ooohhh and aaahhh over our acquired treasures. We did some knitting. And had lunch. Then made plans to meet in the evening again! Another coffee shop to hang out at and knit! It was too fun! Here are some more alpaca pictures. They were all so cute! But we live "in town" so Rocky had to go home to his farm.

I just finished the 5th skein on my DH raglan, he needs to try it on now. What I should be doing is holiday knitting! It is getting close and I haven't even started yet! So my other, non-holiday knitting may have to take a backseat for a little while. But that is okay, because that means I will get to start new projects! We all like that!

Today, I think I need to rest!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knit group sounds like such fun!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. We all need to take time to do things like that!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home