Wednesday, November 01, 2006

All Good Things...

All good things must come to an end. Or so the saying goes I guess. Socktoberfest is over. I finished six pairs of socks in October. Not too shabby. I have two pairs still on the needles. I will continue to make socks. Especially now that I have two more feet to knit socks for. My DH really likes his handknit socks. But I think he will like this even more.

Sapphire Raglan

I started his raglan sweater! I am using the Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Sapphire Heather that I got him for his birthday. The hardest part is done - the counting! Knitting math, gotta love it! He wants a plain sweater with one cable down each sleeve and one down the middle. I can do that! I am going to throw in a little contrasting color trim too! I am looking forward to a bigger project and a little break from socks.

I picked this up today:
IK holiday

I was waiting for it in the mail. But it is not part of the subscription to Interweave Knits Magazine. Oh well, glad I checked it out before it was all gone from the stores. I know that some of the patterns are reprints. But I have not subcribed for long, so I don't have all the patterns anyway. And I am a sucker for knitter eye-candy! The pears on the cover are so cute! And I just like having a new knitting mag to flip thru and get inspired. New patterns, pretty colors, it doesn't take much to amuse me I guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home