Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

Blue Sky
The snow storm is definately over. That is what I love about the weather in Colorado, it doesn't stay nasty for long! The sun is back out, the sky is blue, it is in the 60's today. A perfect fall day.

Yesterday I had a little cabin fever. I had been snowed in for two days. My DH finished shoveling the driveway Friday evening. So Saturday morning I got out of the house and went to have coffee and knit. I ran into some friends that I hadn't seen in too long. They invited me to sit and knit with them. We got all caught up on happenings (what are you knitting, how's the family, etc) and had a pleasant afternoon. By the time I left I had finished these:

Watercolor socks
Watercolor socks
Yarn: MJ hand dyed
Needles: #1 (2.25mm) bamboo
64 stitches
3 inches stockinette after the heel
3 inches 1X1 ribbing
ruffle bind off
(2 rows knit in the front and back of each stitch)

I love the sock blockers. They are the perfect size for my little feet! I had to get my sweetie a set too! His has puppies! Too cute! I ordered them from Chappywoman.

sock blockers

christmasletters

I picked up this book today by Debbie Macomber. It is another book in the Shop on Blossom Street series.

Off to experiment with a new sock for my husband.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks for the tip on the book... I like that series.

LOL... I don't usually mention these, but this time it rather amuses me. My verification word is ecoupity. I really think that could be a valid new word.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

The ruffles are cute! they look awesome! :)

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the new book. I like Debbie Macomber.

The socks look great and I had a great time catching up with you on Saturday.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Cool socks!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home