Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ruffles

When I was a little girl, my mom dressed me up in dresses because I was the only girl. This was only for special occasions usually. My threshold for staying clean and playing inside was about an hour. Anyway, remember the little Mary Janes with white ruffled socks?

pinkruffle

Well, that was the look I was going for in this latest sock. In honor of Socktoberfest I wanted to try something different. So I made ruffled socks!

Falling Leaves

Falling Leaves Ruffle closeup

Specs:
Yarn: Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool Co in Fall Leaves
Needles: KnitPicks size 1 (2.5mm)
short row toe up pattern
after the heel 3inches of stockinette
3 inches 1X1 ribbing
2 rows knit in the front and back of each stitch
bind off with the same size needle

I just kind of made this up. I knew how to do a ruffled edge in crochet, so I just kept trying here until I got it right. I like how it looks and it fits nice. Something different, that's what I wanted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Very cute idea and a great Socktoberfest innovation.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home