Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sock History

Lolly of Socktoberfest is asking about our sock history.
kindda like a "get to know each other" thing!
Great idea!
Here are my answers:

When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
Last year Felicia decided since she was sock addicted that everyone in our knitting group needed to be too and she ran a day long sock class. Thank you Felicia!

What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?

I was just wearing my first pair yesterday! they are holding up great!
my very first sock

What would you have done differently?

Nothing! I am a process knitter and definately not a perfectionist.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Koigu, Mountain Colors Barefoot, Regia, my own hand dyed

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I like to knit my socks on dpns.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
I like short rows.

How many pairs have you made?
about 30. I gave some away before I started blogging and keeping track of these things :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home