Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sock History

Lolly of Socktoberfest is asking about our sock history.
kindda like a "get to know each other" thing!
Great idea!
Here are my answers:

When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
Last year Felicia decided since she was sock addicted that everyone in our knitting group needed to be too and she ran a day long sock class. Thank you Felicia!

What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?

I was just wearing my first pair yesterday! they are holding up great!
my very first sock

What would you have done differently?

Nothing! I am a process knitter and definately not a perfectionist.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
Koigu, Mountain Colors Barefoot, Regia, my own hand dyed

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I like to knit my socks on dpns.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
I like short rows.

How many pairs have you made?
about 30. I gave some away before I started blogging and keeping track of these things :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

Thanks for answering the questions! :)
I love seeing all of these answers.

That is really cool that you learned to knit from your friend! It sounded like she wanted some sock pals so she just taught you all! :)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home