Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Inspired

After finishing my Falling Leaves socks I felt like I needed a little break from socks. So I finished the Neapolitan washcloth.

Neopolitan washcloth

Just a simple garter stitch washcloth. I know. But I like the colors. It looks just like ice cream, you know, vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. I was thinking, more washcloths, like Mason Dixon style. And to help enable me, Hobby Lobby is having a sale on Sugar 'n Cream.

Sugar 'n Cream

But then a package arrived in the mail from Shannon. Shannon was not happy with her Flower Power Memories yarn from Knit Picks. I liked it, so we arranged a swap. This is happy yarn! It calls to me! The lovely Shannon also included a vintage crochet hook which I forgot to include in the picture. It is very tiny and will be great for picking up dropped stitches!

Flower Power

It wanted to be socks! It almost cast itself on!

Flower Power socks

This pattern is a seed stitch rib 4X1. I like it! So maybe all I needed was a 24 hour break to get inspired by socks again!

Then, earlier today I was scanning the Socktoberfest Flickr Group and I saw this and was truly inspired! Here is the pattern for these lovely Pembrokeshire Pathways Socks. They are breathtaking! But yet the pattern is not at all intimidating. A four row repeat - I can do that! Cables and lace. So I have not tired of socks yet, and I probably will always have some on the needles. Although there will always be other projects too. Like a sweater for my sweetie, shawls for me, and yes, washcloths! And even some charity knitting too. But always socks! There is always time for socks! And I am ok with that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Oh... thanks for the link... those are lovely socks!

I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday, too. I'm going to make some of these for people I know having babies:

http://masondixonkal.blogspot.com/2006/09/ballband-bib.html

It's practically cute enough to break your heart.

And, since it was on sale, I really had to hold myself back from buying bunches without any idea of what I would do with it. That neopolitan stuff is one of the ones I was eyeing. Now I'm all that much more likely to go back, because it looks great knitted up.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home