Saturday, November 25, 2006

Three out of Four

This is day three of my four day weekend. And what better way to spend it then at knit group! The Fabulous Phoebe graciously hosted us at her wonderful house. Her man was out of town, so we had girl time! There were snacks, there was knitting and spinning, but best of all the was Scarlet O'Hara!! It was a great time!

Christy taught me how to do a mobius cast on! So I have another WIP to amuse me! I am more than halfway done with 2 out of 3 of my Secret Santa gifts, so I am allowing myself another project.
Besides, I am a Bad Ass Knitter and I can start as many projects as I like!

Mobius

Specs:
Yarn: Bare Wool of the Andes
Needles: Knit Picks Options size 10 47"
cast on 150 stitches
worked in seed stitch

I can see many more of these in my future! Once you get it cast on, it is mindless! Just keep going around! Of course you can make it as fancy as you want with lace patterns and all. But I wanted to keep it simple for my first time! The yarn is plain too, but I have a nice hand spun, hand dyed yarn that I got at the Llama Store for the border.

Mobius with Handspun

It will be Fabulous!

3 Comments:

Blogger yarnwright said...

MJ!
Now that you've "gotten" the moebius cast-on, you'll be addicted to making them!
My handpaintedyarn.com order should be in my hot little hands Monday!
Happy belated ThanksGiving!
Noreen
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving! :)

BTW...my blog is now hosted at blogger...please stop by and say hello!

12:10 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I have not changed the colors.
I use IE, but I heard that it looks "different" in foxfire.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home