Sunday, December 17, 2006

Secret Santa Stuff

What a whirlwind of holiday parties this weekend! 2 on Friday, 1 on Saturday. But it was so much fun getting into the holiday mood!

Click on any photo to enlarge.

gifts
Secret Santa gifts I received
left: coffee pods & doggie gift from Chris at work
right: snacks in cute box tower from fellowship

gifts
gift table for knit group exchange

Noro closeup
This is what I came home with.
2 skeins of Noro Blossom color #4

Stitch Markers
Linda made these cool stitch markers!
How clever!

Click here for more pics of the knit group exchange.

After all the fun of the gift exchange, we actually got some knitting done! I finished a pair of socks for a coworker. She is going to be so surprised! She sees me knitting socks all the time and always asks for a pair. But she always jokingly asks for everything I am making. "Is that for me?" she always says. She has even commented on this pair of socks. She likes the color.

pink Sonja socks

Specs:
Yarn: Crazy Monkey
Needles: Knit Picks size 1 (2.5mm)
64 stitches 3X2 ribbing size 9
short row heel and toe


pink Sonja socks

This is in the natural light and true to the color.

Now only one more WIP for the holidays and that is my stocking. And I have an entire week to get it done in. But I am knitting it on size 0 needles (2mm), what was I thinkin??? If I can control myself and be monogamous to this project, I know I can get it done in plenty of time.

MJ Stocking

Yarn: Opal Mosaic red and green
Needles: Addi Turbo size 0 (2mm) 16inch circular
120 stitches, short row toe, afterthought heel

I only have to finish the cuff, a ruffle, and the afterthought heel. No problem right? Knitting monogomy is a big challenge!
So many projects, so much pretty yarn....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so much stuff! the stitch markers are so clever.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool is that? Secret Santas...knit group exchanges? LOTS of fun for you eh?

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home