Thursday, December 21, 2006

Finally Done!

My stocking is finally done! I am so happy. What was I thinking using sock yarn and 2mm needles? Insane! But I did get it done in plenty of time. Thanks to the storm that kept me home today.

MJ Stocking

Specs:
Yarn: Opal Mosaic in red and green
Needles: Addi Turbo 2mm 16inch
Pattern: I made it up as I went along

closeup of ruffle

Here is a closeup of the ruffle. It is the same as I did on the socks (this and this) with one exception. I did a plain knit row in between the increase rows. So it was switch to green. knit one row. knit in front and back each stitch across entire row. knit one row plain. increase row again. bind off.

Stockings

From left:Del, MJ, Bekah, Majc
I made Del's and Bekah's last year
mine this year of course
Majc's was store bought

So except for one more ballband washcloth for a hostess gift, I am done with holiday knitting!! I will be so happy to knit something else. And with no deadline. just relax and knit. I have enough on the needles to chose from. The DH sweater, a couple shawls, socks. I always seem to have a lot of WIP's. Maybe I just like variety. I guess we all do. But I did just order some more yarn from Knit Picks for The Red Scarf Project. So I may have to impose knitting monogamy again!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes... sock yarn and itty bitty stabbitty sticks does feel like insanity while using them, but...

Isn't the result totally worth it??? Your stocking looks great.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah a snow day...what a great excuse to spend a whole day knitting!

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great MJ!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

He he he, I guess you won't be making another christmas stocking in this gauge? It looks very nice, though.

I especially like Majc's stocking, did you make that one as well? It is too cute.....

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What was I thinking using sock yarn and 2mm needles?"

That you could make an absolutely awesome stocking with it. And you did. It's gorgeous!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home