Friday, September 15, 2006

What's on Your Needles?

Kathy asked that I show what I have on the needles. I can take a dare! I have a basket next to the couch where I keep some WIP's (work in progress). And some were on the couch, in my knitting bag, another knitting bag...... Ok, I didn't know that I had so many. We all like to start things! I look at some of these and think, time for the frog pond (rip it, rip it). There are definitely things that I will never finish. Some are even, Why did I start this, what was I thinking?

So here we go in no particular order:

LumberJack socks

I started these today for my DH. I love the stripe pattern! It does look like a red plaid flannel shirt!

Blue Stripe socks

These are also socks for my DH, also Magic Stripes yarn.

Blueberries Shawl

Blueberries Shawl

I named this Blueberries Shawl. The yarn is Handpaintedyarn.com. I love this shawl! It is just two strands of laceweight held together, a seed stitch border and the trinity stitch on a size 8 needle! So easy, I should finish this one. I like knitting it.

Pinwheel Shawl

This is another Pinwheel shawl. The yarn is also Handpaintedyarn.com. It is two strands of laceweight held together on a size 8 needle.

Braided Mischief


Pattern: Scarf Style Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. I think I was making this for the DH. I dunno.....

My So Called Scarf

This is My So Called Scarf in Manos del Uruguay yarn. I don't like it. I like that yarn, not the pattern. I don't know how it got to be that long without me ripping it already. It is headed for the frog pond.

Stampato socks

I have made these socks at least three times already. I am gonna get them right! I will rip these again and reknit them until they fit! I love the yarn, it is Stampato Extra Merino.

Shawl

This is a mindless garter stitch shawl. But the yarn is YUMMY! The colors are fabulous! I don't know what this yarn is, I picked it up at a LYS. I will keep this one too.

Mango Shawl

This one I named Mango Shawl. It will defiantly be ripped or gifted if I can bring myself to finish it. There is nothing wrong with the yarn or the knitting, in fact it is almost done. It is a simple Pi shawl in hand dyed yarn. It just brings back some unpleasant memories. Actually, If anyone likes this shawl and will finish knitting it, I will send it to you. It is almost done, it just needs a decorative border. Really, just leave me a comment and it is yours.
Edit: The Mango Shawl found a nice home! YEAH! It is on its way to Lorinda .

So that's what's on my needles. Show me what's on your needles.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Kathy said...

What a good solution for the Mango shawl. I'll post about it on my blog, too.

I LOVE the two new pairs of socks!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger kristinknits said...

That's a lot of WIPs! The socks look nice ... I haven't tried socks yet. Those small needles would kill my hands.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

I really like the My So Called Scarf. Of course, the yarn is gorgeous, so no matter what you make out of it, it will look good.

I hope you are able to find a good home for the Mango shawl.

2:29 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

Since my own attempts at shawl knitting are a bust, I'll attempt to finish yours. Sorry it has bad memories associated with it. Lots of WIPs--just like my house. Especially love the socks!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

You are brave... I'm afraid to pull out all my current projects. Of course, maybe it would really make me get my butt in gear.

Thanks for the tips on the holes in my socks. I'm trying that next time around. Appreciate it, really!!! :-)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Brie said...

That's a lot on the needles! I like the lumberjack socks!

4:27 PM  
Blogger lorinda said...

The shawl is here, and it's beautiful. I love it! Now to get those needles clicking. Thanks so much MJ!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home