Friday, September 15, 2006

What's on Your Needles?

Kathy asked that I show what I have on the needles. I can take a dare! I have a basket next to the couch where I keep some WIP's (work in progress). And some were on the couch, in my knitting bag, another knitting bag...... Ok, I didn't know that I had so many. We all like to start things! I look at some of these and think, time for the frog pond (rip it, rip it). There are definitely things that I will never finish. Some are even, Why did I start this, what was I thinking?

So here we go in no particular order:

LumberJack socks

I started these today for my DH. I love the stripe pattern! It does look like a red plaid flannel shirt!

Blue Stripe socks

These are also socks for my DH, also Magic Stripes yarn.

Blueberries Shawl

Blueberries Shawl

I named this Blueberries Shawl. The yarn is Handpaintedyarn.com. I love this shawl! It is just two strands of laceweight held together, a seed stitch border and the trinity stitch on a size 8 needle! So easy, I should finish this one. I like knitting it.

Pinwheel Shawl

This is another Pinwheel shawl. The yarn is also Handpaintedyarn.com. It is two strands of laceweight held together on a size 8 needle.

Braided Mischief


Pattern: Scarf Style Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. I think I was making this for the DH. I dunno.....

My So Called Scarf

This is My So Called Scarf in Manos del Uruguay yarn. I don't like it. I like that yarn, not the pattern. I don't know how it got to be that long without me ripping it already. It is headed for the frog pond.

Stampato socks

I have made these socks at least three times already. I am gonna get them right! I will rip these again and reknit them until they fit! I love the yarn, it is Stampato Extra Merino.

Shawl

This is a mindless garter stitch shawl. But the yarn is YUMMY! The colors are fabulous! I don't know what this yarn is, I picked it up at a LYS. I will keep this one too.

Mango Shawl

This one I named Mango Shawl. It will defiantly be ripped or gifted if I can bring myself to finish it. There is nothing wrong with the yarn or the knitting, in fact it is almost done. It is a simple Pi shawl in hand dyed yarn. It just brings back some unpleasant memories. Actually, If anyone likes this shawl and will finish knitting it, I will send it to you. It is almost done, it just needs a decorative border. Really, just leave me a comment and it is yours.
Edit: The Mango Shawl found a nice home! YEAH! It is on its way to Lorinda .

So that's what's on my needles. Show me what's on your needles.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good solution for the Mango shawl. I'll post about it on my blog, too.

I LOVE the two new pairs of socks!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a lot of WIPs! The socks look nice ... I haven't tried socks yet. Those small needles would kill my hands.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lot on the needles! I like the lumberjack socks!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home