Sunday, December 31, 2006

Finishing off 2006

It seems that everyone is getting all philosophical about the year end and reflecting and making goals. My reflection will be brief. To move forward you cannot keep looking back. Yes, learn from the past and all. But you cannot run the race of life carrying all the extra baggage. Let go of the hurt, anger, and guilt. Those negative emotions are just holding you back from living life. Cherish the love and joy of friendships, see the positives in life. We are only here for a short time, enjoy the journey!

As far as knitting goes, I know myself, and there is no way I could commit to something like the Knit From Your Stash. It is a great idea, don't get me wrong, I just don't have that kind of will power! I am weak when it comes to the pretty yarns! You all do that though, more yarn for me - haha! And I am not going to plan what I am going to knit for the next year either. I enjoy knitting and trying new things. I should knit more gifts thru out the year that way December is more relaxing. In theory, that sounds like a great idea. But, we all get distracted along the way! Oh well, no big deal. This is my hobby, not a thesis to be judged by a panel of professors. So I will just have fun with it!

The same with my blog, this is for fun. A great way to keep in touch with family and friends while keeping a record as well. I try to have fun with it. If anyone is judging me or snarking, that is their problem. I am not writing for them, I am writing for me!

Enough of the serious stuff, I have a Finished Object!
My first Red Scarf is done! Yeah!!
I like it! It is soft and warm and bright!

Red Scarf #1

Here are the details:
KnitPicks Swish Superwash Red Pepper almost 3 balls
Stampato Extra Color 8019 1 1/2 balls
cast on 48 stitches size 8 needles
3X2 ribbing 60 inches

Del wearing Red Scarf #1

Red Scarf #2 is about halfway done. So I am thinking it would make sense to mail them together.

Have a great holiday! Enjoy yourself and make good choices!

3 Comments:

Blogger Maus said...

Cute guy inside the scarf :)
Both look wonderful!!

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great... but it's hard to notice the scarf what with the hunky model.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

kuqqox
Nice erhm....... scarf!
I like the reflections on the past and future.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home