Saturday, January 27, 2007

Tales From Fair Isle

My wonderful husband got busy with the ball winder in anticipation of my first fair isle project. He is such a good enabler.

Palette Sampler
Look at all those colors!
I loaded them up in a project bag and off to knit group we went!

Now I am doing the happy dance!!
I learned how to Fair Isle today!!
After a rough few beginning rows, some bad words, and whining, I fell into a rhythm.
(thanks Anne for your patience and hand holding)
I hold both colors in my left hand. This is most comfortable for me, because I am a continental knitter and I am used to holding the yarn in my left hand. I move the yarn with my left thumb a little. Everyone has their own style I am sure. But this is working for me. As I said in a previous post, most of the ladies in knit group are making a sweater, but I am making a scarf. Inspired by Elizabeth Zimmerman in Knitting Without Tears page 108-109, I am making a "toe" at each end and knitting in the round on DPN's.

Without further adu, presenting my first fair isle knitting....

My First Fair Isle

Not bad for a first day!
Whew, that took all day to go that little bit!

I'll leave you with a picture of Anne's sweater in progress.
She's moving right along!

Anne's KPPFIC

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, good for you! its looks beautiful...someday, someday i'll be there

10:11 AM  
Blogger Yarngineer said...

Great job! I need to get restarted on my fair isle! Too busy trying to catch up on all my sock yarn!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home