Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Secret Valentine

When last we met, I was rushing off to start a pair of Koigu socks. I wound the yarn into balls, had needles in hand. I had already done the provisional cast on for toe up socks. I was ready. Then I remembered something I had to have done this week. Our department at work is doing a "Secret Valentine"(similar to Secret Santa). The person I picked is really, really into football, specifically the North Carolina Tar Heels. And she has been talking alot about High Tea lately. So, I came up with these:

coasters for Cathy

They are coasters in her team colors. I cast on 25 stitches and worked the Baby Genius Burp Cloth pattern from Mason Dixon Knitting. I am making her a basket of tea stuff (tea, mug, chocolates, etc)and this is the finishing touch.

My knitting self control came to an end, as soon as I was done with my coworker's gift, I started these:

Madi Grad sock toes

Madi Grad sock toe

Valentine's Day came early for me! My wonderful husband beat the rush and brought me flowers to my work today. He delivered them himself. He is a such a romantic! And I don't mind at all!

Flowers from Del

I brought them home and separated the basket into four vases.

Flowers from Del

Now I can enjoy them in more than one room!

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I don't blame you for wanting to enjoy them on more than one room.... The Stargazer lilies are my favorite.

Your coworker will truly appreciate the handknit coasters. Great idea!

I love the colours of the socks. They looks so warm and toasty..

8:53 PM  
Blogger kat said...

lovely flowers!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home