Sunday, February 11, 2007

Pretty Bags

What is it about going shopping and walking out of the store with a pretty bag, maybe even with tissue paper wrapping your treasures in luxury. It is all in the packaging sometimes that makes the item all the more special!
That is how I felt yesterday.


Pretty Bags

Phoebe opened her shop "Girl of the Golden West" on Saturday.
She was handing out gift bags. They are so cute!


Later in the afternoon after knit group, the DH and I headed up to Denver to visit his Auntie and cousins. We stopped at String on the way.

Strings loot

They have Koigu!! It was nice to see it in person rather than ordering on the internet. As I was standing there deciding which ones I just couldn't live without, my wonderful enabler husband says, "Get the ones you like. I don't want you to go home and regret not getting it." That is why I keep him, he understands me! He totally gets the knitting and yarn lust thing!

Koigu

Koigu form left to right:
olive 2340
apple P516
wood P301
Mardi Gras P113
(My name descriptions added)

And I wanted to play with some Rowan Denim. I was thinking, I should just try it with something small before committing to a larger project with it.

Rowan Denim

I will leave you with more Yarn Pr0n:

Koigu

I really like the one I named Mardi Gras.
Gonna have to cast on with that one very soon!
I also scored another set of needles just for that reason! I don't even have to finish anything in order to cast on. Oh yeah, I don't have to wait to cast on....
*locating swift and ball winder*
Gotta go.....

Koigu

7 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

lovely yarn. how nice to just be able to get all the ones you like and not have to try to narrow it down to just one colorway.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Yarngineer said...

My husband is an enabler too. It is nice to have someone who understands. :)

8:26 AM  
Blogger kat said...

i know what you mean about bags, there is a yarn shop in the french quarter of new orleans (at least i hope its still there) that wrapped you yarn in beautiful different colored papers & then added confetti all in a see thru bag..it was the most amazing package to walk around with

2:19 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

girl, you done gooooooood!!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koigu envy. My favourite yarn. I'm just finishing a shrug/sweater (I'm thinking of calling it a swug!) with 7 colours, and working on my own version of a Charlotte's Web shawl with 6 colours. Yummy.
Esther

1:29 PM  
Blogger the rachface said...

Koigu is awesome! Especially when you can play with it in real life! I love the colors you picked.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow MJ! Talk about a score!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home