Thursday, February 15, 2007

What Were They Thinkin?

For those of you who do not have Knitting Pattern-A-Day Calendar 2007, Feb 14th was a knitted thong. Like that is not bad enough, it is to be knitted out of cotton! Ouch!! What were they thinkin? If I were to knit a thong - and that is a big IF!!! But, if for a moment I lost my mind and wanted to do that, it would be cashmere or angora! Something soft and fluffy for that area. But I would not be knitting for that area! The pattern says "Impress your sweetheart, or be the hit of the bridal shower, with this unique knitted thong!" Eeeewwwwww It is not bad enough that you would think to knit this for yourself, but for a bridal shower - YUCK! Look at what Aunt Susie knit for you to wear on your wedding night! OMG! Gross!!!

Onto something slightly less offensive, I have been amused these past couple days with the Lime & Violet podcast. These chicks are funny, and ever so slightly off color!

I was surfing Flickr today and stumbled upon this site.
Just the title got me hooked. Yarn P0rn. Then the lovely pictures. Now, I do not spin or dye yarn (except Koolaid), but I can appreciate other folks handiwork.

On to my knitting.
And some pictures!

I really like the way the Mardi Gras Koigu socks are knitting up!
A kind of stripey spiral!

Madi Gras Koigu Socks

And I have been playing with some kitchen cotton.

Wash Cloths and Coasters

The coasters are a good way to use up some leftovers from wash cloths. Here is another great idea for scraps. Good job Abigail! Gotta try Tribbles next.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

The socks are turning out great.

Have fun with the Tribbles. They are addictive.....

9:16 PM  
Blogger kat said...

the colors for the sock do scream Mardi Gras

7:58 AM  
Blogger Yarngineer said...

I agree, Lime n Violet make me feel like I am back with my best girlfriends. Wild and fun. :)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home