Thursday, February 22, 2007

Mardi Gras Socks

I really love these socks!
I enjoyed knitting them and I like the finished result as well.
I even like the pooling. Some people do not like pooling. On this sock, I think it accents the feather and fan. This is the first time I have done this pattern, and it will not be the last for sure! My expectations have been exceded. I am overjoyed! Koigu and feather and fan, it just doesn't get any better than that!

Green Mountain Mama asked: ...I wonder how well the feather and fan pattern will stay up on your legs. let us know.

I tried them on and they seem to fit fine, snug enough on the leg to stay up nicely. I will wear them this weekend and let you know.


Mardi Gras Socks

Specs:
Yarn: Koigu P113
Needles: Crystal Palace size 1 (2.25mm)
64 stiches toe up, increase to 72 stitches for cuff
Pattern: wendyknits.net/knit/featherandfansock.pdf
cuff: 4 inches 5 rows 2X2 ribbing

I was not feeling the the garter stitch at the top in the pattern, so I substituted 2X2 ribbing. I am happy with the change.

Mardi Gras Socks

6 Comments:

Blogger Yarngineer TM said...

I agree. Garter stitch often looks icky. Those are beautiful socks.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Wow, the colours look beautiful knitted up!
And I love that pattern you used. Congrats!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The pooling does look good on the legs. Nice job!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Beautiful job!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

that`s so beautiful~
fighting~
enjoy~
those like christmas gift

3:05 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

i keep meaning to try that pattern. i keep meaning to give toe up another try.
but then, i get suckered into the yarn and my brain stops planning and just wants to knit!
such pretty socks ...

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home