Friday, March 23, 2007

Words are Insufficient

I can not find the words to express how I feel about this new project. Merino goodness, soft, colorful, bright and cheerful, yarn love, infatuation. This is better than I could have imagined! Lisa Souza ROCKS!! This yarn is so fantastic! I stayed up late last night just to knit and admire this combination of color.

Lime N Violet scarf

Yarn: Lime N Violet, Violet's Pink Ribbon merino from Lisa Souza
Needles: Laurel Hill size 5
Pattern: Gossamer Shells Scarf from One Skein Wonders p.55

This is very yummy yarn! And perfect for this project. I would not make socks out of it, just my opinion. I think the Violet's Pink Ribbon is too light in color for socks. They would be pretty, but I would not want to wear them. As I said, just my opinion, I would have a hard time keeping them clean and nice looking. But it does do well for this lacy scarf.

The swatch that I did was just for practice. I ripped it. I might restart a leftover sock yarn scarf at some point, but I want to work on this first. I want to knit on this and enjoy the process. Linger with this lovely yarn!

I have been knitting socks at work. I am trying to get some summer, cotton blend socks done in time for warmer weather. Last year this idea was not in my brain and I was knitting wool socks in the summer. this year I have a plan!

Regia Cotton socks

Yarn: Regia Cotton #5433
Needles: bamboo size 1 (2.25mm)
64 stitches
3 inches 2X2 ribbing

This color was not what I was expecting, but I really like it! They will definately go with alot of things. Not that it matters much if my handknit socks match my outfit. Usually I pick the socks first anyway. Weird? It is all about the socks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is definetly all about the socks!! :) And they are all the way on your feet so as long as they don't terribly clash with your shirt you can wear them with almost anything.

10:01 AM  
Blogger kat said...

oh that color pallet is beautiful

10:59 AM  
Blogger Annabelle said...

That scarf is going to be gorgeous...I love the colors.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home