Thursday, March 22, 2007

Searching For Answers

Blog Feature

A reader asked a question and I had fun finding the answer.

Diana asked:
I like the wooden sock shapers. Do you think I need a pair??? ;) Where did you get those? I haven't seen them with decorative sheep.

I went to My Flickr page . Then clicked on the "Yarn and stuff " folder. Found the pic:

sock blockers

And there was the link:
stores.ebay.com/CHAPPYS-FIBER-ARTS-AND-CRAFTS_

However, I also discovered an easier way after I did all that. In the upper lefthand corner of this blog is a box and next to it is "Search Blog." type in "sock blockers" and it takes you right to the post when I first talked about them. Cool feature huh?!

Onto knitting talk

I have revisited an old friend. Every now and then between projects, I work on the Blueberry Shawl. We have a theory about this at knit group. I like the Blueberry Shawl alot, but I have not finished it. We think it is because I like to work on it. If I finish is, then I will have less time with it. It may end up folded in a drawer that way. And that would be sad. just a theory. Anyway, I have added a few rows to it this week.

Blueberries Shawl

I have also been swatching for a new project. That is kinda funny in itself, because I rarely swatch. But I wanted to try out a new pattern and was not sure what needle size to use. So I grabbed some leftover sock yarn, no shortage of that in my stash!
I ended up with this:

swatch
Yarn: Fleece Artist, Pinata
Needles: size 5
Pattern: Gossamer Shells Scarf from One Skein Wonders p.55

Then I wound up the yarn I want to use for the project:

Lime N Violet yarn

Lime N Violet yarn from Lisa Souza. I think it will make a nice feather and fan scarf! I was thinking of alternating the colors every other row. I was also thinking since it looked so good in the leftover yarn, maybe doing another one some time with all my leftovers. That would be interesting. Maybe a shawl instead of a scarf since I have an abundance, due in part to the tiny feet (size 3 kids feet, really) not using much for a pair of socks. Also due to the sock yarn multiplying in the stash while the lights are out! hehe

I am so excited about my latest Knitpicks order on its way! I have been (not so) patiently waiting for More Sensational Knitted Socks to be released. I ordered it yesterday! YEAH! Also, Favorite Socks will be along, as well as some sock yarn (there is a shocker!) to make the free shipping deal. WHOO HOO!!

More Sensational Knitted SocksFavorite Socks


On the "Coworker Learning to Knit" newsfront.
She is purling now too!!
YEAH! She is doing GREAT!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the sock blockers. You are so lucky with those books. I'm trying to be good but I want them so bad!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Took me long enough didn't it? Thanks for posting about the sock blockers! I did find several pair on that eBay link! Now wondering if I can get my woodworking husband to make me some!!Thanks again!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home