Monday, March 19, 2007

Pinata Ridged Feather

I finished a new pair of socks today!

Pinata Ridged Feather socks

Yarn: Fleece Artist, Pinata
Needles: Crystal Palace size 1 (2.25mm)
64 stitches short row heel and toe
Increased to 72 stitches for cuff
cuff pattern adapted from Sensational Knitted Socks p. 73
2X2 rib 1 inch modified Russian bind off

These look very similar to my other feather and fan socks. But the difference is the purl ridge.

Feather and Fan socks

I like them both equally. It is nice to try new things. I will probably always knit socks, but I will try to add some variety. Trying new things is good. A new detail or a different technique keeps this obsession fresh!

3 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

It looks like they have a curl at the top. Is that the Russian bind off that makes that effect? Great colors. I have that book, I'll have to look that up! I like the wooden sock shapers. Do you think I need a pair??? ;) Where did you get those? I haven't seen them with decorative sheep. Geez, I hate short choppy sentences and I just spilled them out!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Shrinkie said...

I'm in love - these are GORGEOUS! I will definitely have to try feather & fan. And your yarn is just beautiful!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

I am ispired to knit a pair for myself. Yours are so pretty!!!!

They look like spring flowers.

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home