Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bleached Denim

I finished a new work sock this week. As you may know, I knit almost everywhere, including at work. I try to keep it simple for work knitting since I get interrupted often. I like this Regia Cotton yarn. These will make nice all season socks that will go nicely with jeans or a denim skirt.

Bleached Denim Socks

Specs:
Yarn: Regia Cotton #59
Needles: bamboo size 1 (2.25mm)
64 stitches
3 inches 2X2 ribbing
Russian bind off

I already wound the Tofutsies yarn that I acquired on the recent yarn crawl. It is at work already cast on in my knitting bag in my desk. Everyone has been playing with it. I don't know if it is the bright color or the silky feel. Everyone who stops by my cubicle can't keep their hands off that yarn!

200 Ripple Stitch Patterns

I got this book in the mail this week. I really like it! Of the 200 patterns included, 100 are knit and 100 are crochet. I learned to crochet when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I have made many blankets and such. So this book appeals to me in the sense of versatility of crafts. But even for the knitter, there is much to keep your attention. Wonderful photos, easy to read patterns, interesting yarn combinations. Worth checking out.

Feather and Fan scarf

The love continues with the Feather and Fan scarf. In fact I making noticeable progress - four feet long already!! YEAH!

1 Comments:

Blogger brandilion said...

I am so jealous you get to knit at work. you are really lucky that way. either that or if you didn't knit you would have a lot of boring down time. yuck

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home