Friday, May 11, 2007

Crayon Socks

Crayon socks

I finished these socks at work yesterday. Everyone really likes the colors. They were named crayon socks by a coworker. I have them happily on my feet today! I am almost exclusively wearing my own handknit socks and that makes me happy!

Crayon socks

Yarn: On Line Summer Color #792
Needles: Crystal Palace 2.25mm
64 stitches short row toe and heel
3 inches 2X2 ribbing
Russian bind off

I have been knitting on two pairs of socks at home this week.

Trekking Chevrons

I am totally loving this pattern!
And the yarn is funky - in a good way!

Walk in the Woods

This yarn color is called "Walk in the Woods." It is really living up to its name! The sage green, spruce, and brown of the trees and foliage, the blues of the sky and water. Makes me want to pull on my hiking boots and go up in the mountains!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You pick some unusual, yet lovely yarns for your socks. No wonder you love wearing them

4:58 PM  
Blogger brandilion said...

a drawer full of my own hand knit socks sounds like a dream to me. I suppose I should start making more socks.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats on the finish! Now I just need to get moving on my fist pair. Hopefully soon. Yours are beautiful and I enjoy reading your blog.

3:00 PM  
Blogger SYLVIE said...

Great choice of colors for your socks!

I too would enjoy wearing them if only I could make one pair :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Is'nt it wonderful when thats all you wear are handknit socks! So far I have 14 pairs for myself and the gets me through 2 weeks before washing again.

Your colors are so fun and cheerful. Great choice!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Senja said...

Again beautiful socks! I should try to finish mine soon. Do you use a short row heel when you knit toe up or a heel flap?
PS Tag your it! check my blog for details:)

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home