Sunday, June 24, 2007

My First Tam

I borrowed Knitted Tams from the library a couple weeks ago. Great book by the way. And I have been itching to make one since I picked it up. What a relaxing, yet fast knit! I cast on Thursday night and it is blocking right now!

Tam WIP

Tam Blocking

Yarn: KnitPicks Palette, Wood
Needles: Addi Turbo 2.5mm and 3.25mm
Pattern: Basic Tam Pattern from Knitted Tams by Mary Rowe
Blocking on a 13inch plate

I followed the pattern, except for one thing. I know the pattern says to block on a 10 inch plate, but I wanted it a little larger. I'll see how this works out. It looked really, really small before the blocking phase. I am talking toddler small, really. Now, I think it may fit an adult. I have already started another one, but on a bigger needle. I am going to try size 3 for the ribbing and a size 5 for the body.

Almost forgot to mention...
Last Monday, June 18th was a special day for two reasons:
It was my DD birthday! 20 years old, WOW!
And it was my one year anniversary of quitting smoking!
I am so happy about that!

3 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

wow, that is a quick knit. congrats on the one year of not smoking!

7:47 AM  
Blogger procrastinatingmind said...

DUDE!! That is a cool Tam, It came out nice!!

Congrats on the annioversary!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Brie said...

Congrats and congrats! The tam looks great, too!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home