Sunday, June 03, 2007

Pembrokeshire Pathways Socks

I first saw the pattern for Pembrokeshire Pathways socks during Socktoberfest 2006. I fell in love with them instantly. But it took me quite a while to cast on for them. I thought they looked too difficult, that they would be a challenge for me. But I was wrong! The challenge was all in my head! It is only knitting and purling after all! Okay, cables and yarn overs too, but I can do that! Then when I did finally start them, I thought they would be an epic project. Wrong again! I really enjoyed knitting these socks! I will definately be making more. They are so fancy, I feel they deserve special attention. So I photographed them on my feet, not the usual sockblocker pic.

Pembrokeshire Pathways socks

Yarn: KnitPicks Essential Petunia
Needles: Crystal Palace 2.25mm
Pattern: Pembrokeshire Pathways here
cast on 64 stitches
increased to 35 stitches instep
short row toe & heel
increased to 77 stitches after the heel
changed needles to KnitPicks 2.5mm 3 inches after the heel
Cuff: 5 inches 2X2 ribbing (2.25mm)
Russian bindoff

I know, I did quite a few modifications. But it was worth it!

socks, socks, socks

I picked up this book today. Not only is this sock knitter eye candy, there are a couple of patterns that I will have to try.

Speaking of eye candy, I will leave you with this....

Pansies

4 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

They are SO pretty! A friend of mine made them and they are so elegant. Yours look great in that pink!

6:44 AM  
Blogger shopgirl said...

Those socks are fantastic! Bravo

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

MJ,

I have been wanting to knit these socks for a while now, even had the pattern bookmarked. They look very nice. Good job!
Don't you just love the "Socks, socks, socks" book? I've knit several socks out of it already, and there are many more on my list of future projects. You'll have a lot of fun with it, I promise.
Your violets look great. Isn't it wonderful to finally have some color in the garden?

~ Ellen

10:47 AM  
Blogger kat said...

Lovely socks, good for you taking the challenge head on

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home