Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Estes Park (part two)

This year I had a plan at the wool market. We went in early and scoped out the booths that I definately wanted to buy from. We did wonder around after that and talk to some nice vendor folks and picked up some odds and ends along the way. Surprisingly I came in $26 under my budget! WOW!

Again, there are alot of pics, so click to enlarge.

Plain & Fancy Sheep & WoolBrooks Farm yarndyed mohair locks
left: Plain&Fancy Sheep&Wool This is only available at festivals. I love it, so I get it when I see it! Makes nice socks too.
center: Brooks Farm
right: dyed mohair locks, not for me. I bought these as a gift.

Tofutsies & TrekkingSurina needles
left: Tofutsies 784& Trekking 182
right: Surina knitting needles.
I couldn't resist those lovely carved tips!
I also got some more dye, but it will not photograph well.

So what did I knit on the way and while there?

Spring Plain & Fancy socks

Yarn: Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool, Varigated dye lot #2
Needles: KnitPicks DPNs 2.5mm
Pattern: Thuja from Knitty
60 stitches, short row heel and toe

But since I got back I have been working on this:

Hand Dyed Palette shawl

Yarn: MJ hand dyed palette (here and here)
Needles: KnitPicks Options size 10 1/2
It is almost done I think. Kind of hard to tell on the needles, and it needs blocked. Also, it depends on who gets it, I may give it away. I like it, but I have been thinking someone special may like it as well. She likes pink and purple too!

4 Comments:

Blogger wrchili said...

I like the new yarn, and I'm impressed that you were able to come home under budget. I'm not sure I could have done the same.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can never have too much Brooks Farm. I bought some for my first Secret Pal and I loved it so much I almost didn't get it for her. Someday I'll buy some for myself too. Maybe as a grad gift. :) I can justify a yarn purchase anyway I want to...thank you very much. :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Brie said...

The shawl and socks are both very pretty!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed the festival this year because I was in Breckenridge at the BBQ festival. (Food or yarn -- my 2 passions, tough choice.)

How do you like the KnitPicks dpns? I'm knitting a pair of socks (Socks for Soldiers) w/ Brown Sheep's Wildfoote yarn and they sure seem a bit heavy. Could be the yarn, but I don't know.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home