Friday, July 13, 2007

Palette Shawl

I finished the hand dyed palette shawl!
I am really happy with the way it came out.
My DD has claimed it for a belated birthday present.
It will visit knit group tomorrow, then get mailed off.

Hand Dyed Palette shawl

Yarn: MJ hand dyed palette (here and here)
Needles: KnitPicks Options size 10 1/2
Finished size: 72" X 30" unblocked
Weight: 112g

Since my last post, several yarns have found their home with me!

Claudia Hand PaintedApple LaineFleece Artist Amethyst
Knit Picks sock yarnMeilenweit Meeting

From top left:
Claudia Hand Painted Strawberry Latte; Apple Laine Apple Pie Grape Harvest and Army Surplus; Fleece Artist Amethyst
Bottom: Knit Picks Felici Pebble and Risata Dusk; Meilenweit Meeting color # 7710;

The new Knit Picks sock yarns are yummy! The Felici is SO SOFT! I was concerned about the elastic content in the Risata, but it is nice also, not overly stretchy like some cotton sock yarns that add elastic. Speaking of Knit Picks, I see they have added some new colors to some of their yarns. Check it out here.

And finally, here are some boring socks that I knit while at work.

Work Socks

Yarn: OnLine Beach 943, Regia Cotton Surf 5410, Sockotta 03
Needles: Crystal Palace 2.25mm
64 stitches short row toe and heel
3 inches 2X2 ribbing
Russian bind off

Have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

How jealous am I that you can knit something that boring at work... Who do I send my Resmue to?

Love the shawl! Your knitting always amazes me.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

No socks are boring! The colors are great. I see you've just been blessed with some Koigu. Thanks for the tam idea! I was just looking at tams recently but hadn't thought of the Koigu!!! Your tams are wonderful!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Your Shawl is Beautiful and those socks ..Wow..
I just want to put my feet right in them!!!! :)

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

6:47 PM  
Blogger Brie said...

The shawl is beautiful! Nice work!

11:33 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

pretty, i want to see more of those so called 'boring' socks.

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home