Monday, August 13, 2007

The Best Birthday Ever

Let me start by apologizing for being late with this post. I know that I said I would post yesterday, but the weekend was so full of activity, that it just did not happen.

Now, onto birthday stuff from Friday. It started off like any other birthday: coffee in bed, the DH and Majc singing, dinner plans. Nothing out of the ordinary. So after work we went over to a friend's house for dinner (pork tenderloinon the rotisserie, it was good). Still nothing out of the ordinary. We were done eating and getting ready to hunker down with a DVD. Friends's husband was changing the toddler into pj's. My hubby was doing dishes. The phone rang, friend answered. Then the doorbell rang. All at the same time. I answered the door. SURPRISE!!!! There were about fifteen people at the door shouting "SURPRISE!" WOW, was I ever blown away! They had presents, flowers, cake, and decorations! There was even a fancy punchbowl with fancy punch in it! Food was coming out of closets, people were decorating around me. I was in shock, standing there speechless - amazing huh! I never had a big birthday party, I never had a surprise party. My family just had cake and ice cream after Sunday dinner for birthdays. This was GREAT!! I had so much fun! They told me that they had been planning since March! They got it right! It was a blast! We stayed late and partied on till almost midnight! If I had known I was having a surprise party, I would have brought my camera. But nobody told me, so no pics. Sorry....

Birthday RosesBirthday presents

Saturday was knit group at Phoebe's place. That was fun too! We ate the best wedding cake I ever had! Phoebe and Keith were gracious hosts and let us knit on their porch till it was getting dark! And Christy brought me some yarny goodness. She dyed and spun the merino/silk yarn. It is yummy beyond words!
Thank you again Christy!

Handspun birthday yarn


I finally finished my socks.
These ones seemed to take forever!
But they were worth it!

Waterfall Rib Socks

Waterfall Rib Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss, Dusk
Needles: Rosewood 2.25mm
Pattern: Waterfall Rib, Sensational Knitted Socks p48
Cast on 64 stitches
increased to 36 stitches for front
Short row heel and toe
increased to 72 stitches after heel
3X3 rib Russian bindoff

And I started another pair.

Trekking Aquarell 159

This lovely yarn is Trekking Aquarell 159.

Speaking of yarn.....

I picked a name out of the hat - actually DH picked a number between 1 and 19 for the birthday yarn giveaway. And the winner is...... Kim, whose wedding anniversary was on my birthday! How cool is that!

Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes - it worked!

So that was my birthday weekend.
No wonder I was tired on Sunday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

A surprise party would be a sensational gift. WOW!!
Love that Trekking yarn. What pattern will they be? The Waterfall again? I'm takng down those notes you left on the Waterfall socks. I do have that book!

7:09 PM  
Blogger kat said...

sounds like a great birthday! & that purple & gray yarn is beautiful!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good birthday. It's nice to be surprised too.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ooooo. I won! I got your message and was just so happy. We're getting ready to move at the end of the month so this will be a great way to start off our new house.

Email me at kimmorrow at suddenlink.net for me to be able to send you my address.

Thanks again!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home