Friday, July 20, 2007

Trying to be good

Like many knitters that I know, I have several unfinished projects. Normally I am okay with that, but lately it has been bothering me. So I have gotten them out and set a couple in my knitting area to get some air. Outside of their project bags and everything! I am pondering them. They are staring at me.

What started this was the weekend of the Brown Sheep Trip, I could not find my Chili Pepper scarf. I was going to take it along on the bus ride to Nebraska. I was so upset that it was misplaced that I searched as soon as I got home that evening and found it after about 10-15 minutes (maybe an hour) of frantic searching. My DH thought I had finished it since then because I had not mentioned it or worked on it. So I took it out and did a few rows....that was a week ago. I have added over a foot to it. Today it measured in at 28 1/2 inches! I want to have it done before fall. So I am setting some very flexible goals! I am NOT making a pledge to finish all my projects before starting new ones or anything crazy like that! I know myself, come on now! But I should make some progress on the not-so-instant gratification knitting. Yes, even the Blueberry Shawl may someday be complete! I beleive in miracles! It could happen!

Chili Pepper Scarf

Chili Pepper Scarf
Yarn: KnitPicks Memories Daffodil & Flower Power
(both now discontinued)
Needles: Brittany size 6
Pattern: ZigZag Stripes from Scarf Style pg 33
Pattern mod: slip stitches knitwise

I have been working on my Waterfall socks as well. I love the way the Gloss feels with the rosewood needles - so luxurious!

Waterfall Rib Socks

Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss, Dusk
Needles: Colonial Rosewood 2.25mm
Pattern: Waterfall Rib, Sensational Knitted Socks p48
Cast on 64 stitches
increased to 36 stitches for front
Short row heel and toe
increased to 72 stitches after heel


Let me follow up regarding the comments from the last post. Okay, I should not have called my work socks boring, maybe, "using a vanilla pattern" would have been a better discription. I really do like them! They are colorful and fun, but I use the same pattern because I can do them on auto pilot on my lunch break while chatting with coworkers.

4 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

i'm having thhe same problem, i find new projects i want to do but the old ones are starting to haunt me....

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ang said...

I'm having that problem too, and am not allowed to start another until at least one of my wip's have gone!

The chilli pepper scarf looks gorgeous.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Chili pepper is a great name for your scarf! I have a single skein of Daffodil but that won't work!
Did you use more than one skein of Gloss for the socks? Looks like great yarn and I love the pattern. I keep seeing socks on blogs from books I do have so I need to get busy!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Something About said...

Im generally pretty good at finishing my porjects, but, lately i seem to be casting on a lot of new porjects! Those waterfall rib socks are wonderful and I hope you keep them. I gave the ones i knit to my mom, but i loved how elastic-y they were. They were a fun knit and variegated yarn worked well with them. Maybe i will knit myself a pair.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home