Sunday, October 26, 2008

Butterfly Socks

The Butterfly socks started out as a blank dyed at Christy's at our knit group dye day.

Butterfly painted sock blank

They emerged from the cocoon and taken flight to be a unique pair of socks.

Butterfly socks

Specs:
Judy's Magic Cast-On
cast on 24 stitches
increase every other row to 72 around
short row heels
8 inch cuff
2X2 ribbing inch
switched to turquoise
3 rows in pattern
modified Russian bindoff

Butterfly socks

These are my first pair from a sock blank. I really enjoyed making them and can't wait to start another pair!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool and so neat to see how they turned out!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Brie said...

absolutely lovely, mj.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting how they turned out. I love those colors.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Nice blog and I love the socks. So thankful I get to see you weekly!! Joy in the Lord, K

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home