Friday, October 19, 2007

Matching Hat and New Needles

Matching Hat
I was so excited about finishing the Chili Pepper scarf, that I had to make it a matching hat. I finished in a few days. I am liking these hats, and just in time for a drop in the temps!

Chili Pepper Hat

Yarn: KnitPicks Memories Daffodil & Flower Power
(both now discontinued)
Needles: Addi Turbo, size 3 and 5 16 inch
Pattern: Pattern: Basic Tam Pattern from Knitted Tams by Mary Rowe
Modifications: increased needle size, body 6 inches before decrease

I increased the length of the body of this hat and I like how it fits much better! I really want to make more hats now! I will still make socks of course, but hats will be added into the mix too!

Chili Pepper Scarf and Hat

Chili Pepper Scarf and Hat

New Needles
I saw the new Knit Picks Harmony needles at knit group a couple weeks ago and knew that I had to have them. I really, really like them!! They are not only pretty, but made very well - very smooth, strong, and nice tips of course!!

Harmony Needles

They are already in some socks. I put them to the test - cables, yarn overs, ssk and k2tog. The Pembrokeshire Pathways have it all. The Harmony needles are a dream to knit with!


Purple Tweed socks

These needles have found a happy home!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't the new needles the best. I don't have any for myself yet but I was part of the focus group when they were developing them. I just kept sitting at the table talking and petting them. I love the way they feel so very, very much!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Ashabee said...

I really love those colors...great job!

9:47 PM  
Blogger kat said...

thaht scarf & hat are so colorful they'll brighten up a winter day

9:55 AM  
Blogger wrchili said...

The hat turned out beautiful. Now I want to make some tams :)

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home