Sunday, January 13, 2008

Accents

We are always busy with juggling a few projects in the home improvement area, just like I have multiple projects on the needles. Yesterday, the painters were back to do accent walls. I love how they came out!

Accent Color

Main wall color: Nutmeg Brown
Accent wall color: Hot Cocoa

I love these two colors together. The neutral tan color throughout the house and three little areas of this rich, warm, chocolaty brown. We did a faux finish in the area where the two colors came together on this wall in the retreat. They were trying so hard to get a straight line, but it just didn't work. I suggested they think out side the straight line and go for something different. And this is what we came up with. A ragged on faux finish. I loved it immediately! But I was a little concerned about how DH would like it, since he was at work when this was inspired. But he does like it and I am happy about that! So maybe there will be more creative painting in our future! I am thinking about when the bathrooms get painted....

So for now the painting is done. Today, we are onto light fixtures. There has been must discussion recently between DH and I about light fixtures. We both like alot of light in the house. So we will be upgrading existing lights and adding in fixtures as well. We both like overhead lights more that lamps. Dimmers are also wonderful things, we agree on that too. I am very thankful that WH is so handy!

Both Chandeliers

Both of these chandeliers going in the formal living room. We decided the larger one will go above the door, as most do. And the smaller one will go in the opposite diagonal corner. It is not a large room, but as I said, we both like a lot of light. Originally, the smaller chandelier was chosen for the dining area, but it is just not going to work there.

Ok, enough about the house already, this is a knitting blog after all! First of all, let me tell you that I got my Ravelry invite. YEAH! and so fast! My user name is BloglessMJ. I haven't done much there yet, but I will get up to speed soon.

I snagged some Christy handspun at knitgroup yesterday.

Christy Handspun

Christy Handspun

I also picked up some goodies from the Llama store, since that is where we met this week. I got some sock yarn and stuff. But best of all I got a new book.

One Skein Wonders

I love how these books are arranged by weight of the yarn. So easy to use, and logical! This one does not disappoint, there are lots of new ideas for just one skein! Sometimes I am amazed! and inspired!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa F. in CA said...

I love the paint colors you've chosen!!! And I agree with you regarding the One Skein book, I can't wait to get started with it :) I'll look you up on Ravelry too! (I'm pudmuddles over there)

11:55 AM  
Blogger kat said...

oh I love the colors you did the room, that tough of darker brown is so nice

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home