Monday, December 10, 2007

Knit Group Gift Exchange

Saturday was our second annual knit group gift exchange and holiday party. This year's event was hosted graciously by Ellen in her beautiful home in Castle Rock. The weather tried to slow us down, by we overcame that obstacle and had a wonderful time!

Gift Exchange

There were party favors provided by Linda and Kirsten.
Thank you ladies!

Sea Salt OrnamentsScrubbies

We did a Chinese gift exchange. You know how it goes, everyone picks a number. You chose a gift or steal a gift from another. Rules vary, I know. It was so fun! I ended with lovely yarn and stitch markers brought by Anne.

Yarn from Gift Exchange

Yarn: Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool, laceweight, Dark Plum

I was also very excited about who got the surprise that I brought. I had been planning for a while.

Socks I brought to exchange

Remember these? These socks did not fit me. I was going to rip them and reknit, but it was suggested that they would be a great gift for our gift exchange. What a hit! They fit Linda perfectly! She immediately put them on her feet so that nobody would steal them. It worked! I am so glad that they found a nice home!!

What a great time! I wish I had gotten more pics to share of some of the other fabulous gifts! There was ALOT of oooooh's and aaaaah's! Brie's miniature set, Christy's handspun yarn, and personal dye day invite, the Noro, just to name a few.

I will leave you with this photo the DH took. He doesn't take many, but this one really captured the moment.

Blue Sky after a snowfall

Colorado blue sky after a snowfall.
This is why we stay here! What a view!

Now back to packing, ugh!

2 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

sounds like such fun! beautiful winter photo too

2:21 PM  
Blogger Brie said...

I have pictures of everything. You want me to send them to you?

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home