Saturday, December 22, 2007

We Moved into Our New House

In a previous post I just said that we got the house. Not many details I know, sorry. But I was just so excited! So, Wonderful Husband and I bought a house that we love. It is not too far from the house that we were renting. We moved in last weekend. And I am happy to say that there are no more boxes in the kitchen! Yeah! And I cooked our first meal in the new house. I was getting tired of eating takeout!

We have been doing some improvements already.
First, we painted:

Balcony - BeforeBalcony - After

We went with a neutral tan throughout the house, but are planning on doing accent walls as well. These pictures are of the "Retreat" also known as the knitting room! Of course my favorite room in the house! and the balcony overlooks the formal living room in the front of the house.

Then we changed the lighting in the kitchen:

Kitchen - BeforeKitchen - After

We took out the track lighting and decided on with recessed lighting. Much brighter!

There will be LOTS of new projects. And the best part is we can make it our own! We can do what we want. I am thankful that DH is handy. He has tools and is not afraid to use them!

Majc seems to like the new house. She knows where the treats are! And I think she is just happy that she got to come along and live in the new house too!

Majc loves the new house

Majc loves the new house

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Love the pictures of the new house. Congrats to you!!! Way to go on getting the kitchen unpacked. We moved last September and still have some boxes left. Can't wait to see more pictures as you go along.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home