Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yarn Swap

Felicia, Kathy, and I got together yesterday at Black Kettle. What a cute little coffee shop with a fireplace and comfy couches and a mountain cabin atmosphere.

fireplace

We did a yarn swap! We each brought yarn that was in our stash, put it all on the coffee table, and took lots of pictures!

yarnswap

yarn swap

Then we politely divided up the loot! This is my take:
mystash

Felicia found some KnitPicks Simply Stripes in the vineyard color that I have been looking for in her stash and gifted it to me!

knitpicks vineyard

Kathy gave me some sock yarn that she hand dyed! (the pink/purple one in the middle)
It is GORGEOUS! This Pic does not do it justice!
Kathy handdyed

We stayed and knitted for a while.
Then Felicia and I went to Table Rock Llamas.
Since I lightened my stash in the yarn swap, these things followed me home:
llama store

That is On Line sock yarn, Mountain Colors Twizzle, and a recycled silk/wool blend for DH.

Quite a busy day!
But it is not over yet.
I have been knitting for almost 2 years and I have never made a washcloth. That is usually one of the first things a knitter makes! Well, for Kathy, this would not do. So yes, last night I made my first washcloth! And a little brother, the coaster.
washcloth

These are really instant gratification!
And another one on the needles.
Doesn't this look like Neapolitan icecream?
washcloth wip

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the washcloth and especially the coaster. I must have twenty coasters of various incarnations floating around my place. They are fun to make.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home