Monday, August 21, 2006

The Best Thing About a Knit Blog....

...is the pictures of course!!

I didn't want to start a blog without the ability to post pictures. It just so happened that my DH gave me a digital camera for my birthday. I didn't ask for one, but true, we did not have one. So I told Kathy that about the camera and the first thing she said was, "Are you gonna get a blog?" Felicia was even hinting on her blog. Wow, what a difference a weekend makes. So here we are! A blog, pictures, everything. almost. I still have to learn to add stuff, but I'll get there.
HPIM0008
this is a picture of my first, adult sized, top-down raglan. The yarn is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes. The main color is Tulip (10 balls)and the trim is Violet (1 ball). It took about 2 weeks to complete. I love it! It fits great, love the colors, and I learned alot from making it. It was so easy that I had to cast on for another one!


HPIM0010
This is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Amethyst Heather. And I love it too! Can you see the cable? The first sweater was good, but maybe too easy. So I needed something to keep my attention a little more. So I added one cable down the front and one cable down each sleeve. I am just finishing my second skein.




HPIM0003

And a knit blog would be no fun without a mascot. This is Majc. She is half German Shepherd and half Greyhound. She is 5 years old, but still has puppy energy. She is such a good girl, very obedient!!

Whew, 3 posts in 1 day! And I thought I wouldn't have anything to say! :)

Enjoy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Three posts in one day?

Welcome to the Dark Side. :: evil laughter ::

I can't wait to see your cabled sweater.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater came out wonderful! I love the colors. I remember you thinking you might run out of the main color - did you have any problems with that?

(And, it sounds like you got a wonderful birthday present, too.)

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Only 2 weeks on the sweater? I'm impressed!

Any chance we can convince you to show a modelled shot? I like to see sweaters on their persons ;)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Wow MJ!!! The sweater looks great!!! Hope I get to see it in person some time.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Aha! Felicia and the rest sucked you in, didn't they? Evil doers, all of them!! Muhahahaha!!!

Wandered over from Felicia's blog, looks great so far. Congrats on joining the rest of us adicts!!

Your first sweater looks really sweet. Love that heathery purple, and i'm not even much of a purple gal, hmmm.

~Suz~

12:07 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I love the sweater, it looks great. :) Majc is a cutie. :)

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home